Just like the rest of the world, we LOVE our plastic storage bins. These are great for clothes, shoes, Christmas decorations, crafts and the like. Not all bins are the same so make sure that you tape them if they are not high quality so the lids don't pop off during loading of the truck. Remember to pack the bins as tightly as possible. I use blankets or clothes to fill in the cracks.
1. Place a layer the bottom of the box with newspaper or bubble wrap. We suggest bubble wrap. This is a very important base to packing boxes, so don’t skip this step or you could have broken dishes. DO NOT use newsprint on fine china or bone china.
2. As you may have learned in a physics course, plates are stronger standing up, do not lay them flat. Place a few layers of packing paper or bubble wrap in front of the first plate, and then place in the second. Continue until the box is tightly packed.
3. After placing the plates, fill the rest of the entire box with newspaper so it is tight. The point is not to have any space in the box so it doesn’t crush and you don’t want the plates wiggling around.
4. Tape it up along the middle of the box and on the seals on the sides
5. Remember to mark the boxes for your movers with a Sharpie – write FRAGILE GLASS on top and sides. This will ensure your movers handle the boxes properly.
Monster Movers ® packing and moving crew can come the day before your move to help you pack china if needed. Please call the office to schedule
1. Just like packing dishes and bowls, line the bottom of the box with newspaper or better yet, bubble wrap – place a good amount at the botton. Some people use the cushioning foam which works too. However, sometimes the foam has little bumps not allowing for easy placement of cups.
2. Wrap all cups and tops with bubble wrap. If you don’t have bubble wrap, packing paper or newspaper will be fine but you will need to use at least three layers. FYI! If you do use newsprint to pack your boxes, expect to have to rewash all of the lovely ink that will leak on to plates. DO NOT use newsprint on fine china or bone china.
3. Dividers of cardboard or packing paper should be placed between individual cups and larger items so they don't bang around. When you wrap items with a lid, wrap each piece individually and then again together. Pack the rest of the box with paper and/or bubble wrap to avoid wiggle room or box crushing and remember to label with a Sharpie.
1.5 Boxes - small used for heavy items like books. If you are moving locally, you can pack cans of food in these boxes and other dense items. Monster Movers ® will have 5 of this size box on a truck - if you need more please call ahead.
3.1 Boxes - medium most common box used for lamp bases, pots, pans, garage tools, kitchen appliances, toys, and lamps fit best in this size box.Monster Movers ® will have 5 of this size box on a truck - if you need more please call ahead.
4.5 Boxes - large boxes typically known as linen boxes best for - you guessed it - linens, clothes, towels, etc. Monster Movers ® will have 5 of this size box on a truck - if you need more please call ahead.
Wardrobes - Monster Movers ® will bring 5 wardrobe boxes on the day of your move for hanging clothes. Let us move your hanging-clothes for you - the last thing you need after a move is the need to visit the dry cleaners.
Dish-Packing - These are heavy duty boxes with thick cardboard for all dishes, servers, china, glass and other miscellaneous fragile items.
Mattress Bags - Highly over-rated, Monster Mover ® will bring high quality shrink wrap to every job to wrap all upholstered items. Wooden and metal items will be covered with moving blankets. There will be no need for you to purchase expensive mattress bags.
Monster Movers ® will bring 10 picture pieces and bubble wrap, please contact the office if you will need more or tell us the number of pictures, mirrors and/or glass pieces you have.
1. Pack an overnight bag for you and your family with essentials. The last thing you will want to do after a move is be searching for the toothpaste.
2. Pack items you will need immediately in plastic bins.
3. Label, label, label! Label your boxes so your moving crew doesn't have to ask you on the day of the move. This will save time and money. Also, if you label the boxes with what is in them, we can put "shoes" near the closet, etc.
4. Think Vertical - pack everything vertically as it has a less likely chance of getting damaged.
5. Keep moving tools, screws, etc in baggies in your essential overnight bag.
6. Defrost your refrigerator the night before - you don't want that bad larry leaking on your items.
7. Yes, you can leave things in the drawers - just not little items that may fall out during moving.
8. Label your Cords - I even take a picture of how they are plugged in and color code with colored duct tape.
9. Organization is Key! Make sure you give yourself enough time and take everything out before starting. Organize the items into size box and go from there. I highly suggest having Monster Movers ® pack. It usually takes a moving crew of 3 about 7 hours to pack an entire 3000 sq foot four bedroom home. You may be asking - how or rolling your eyes but it's really true. Someone else packing your items will swiftly put them into a box. When you pack your home you may be more inclined to multi-task. Or, you may find an old memento and end up daydreaming for 20 minutes…
10. Hire Monster Movers®
11. Don't for get to print our PDF Compare Movers form to help you choose the right mover and the printable moving checklist